Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pottery Barn for Kids Knockoff Advent Calendar

While grocery shopping today, Grace noticed that there were Christmas decorations out.  Then, she so astutely pointed out, but it's not even Christmas.

 
Ah, yes.  The world of retail and blogging are very much the same.

Thank goodness Grace doesn't read my blog because it's about to get a little Christmas-y around here as well...and yes, I know, it's not even Christmas yet. 

First up, my knock off version of Pottery Barn for Kids advent calendar.


It is 90% no sew AND the sewing that is required {attaching the pockets to the tree} can all be done by hand.

Since it's no sew, you can even get the kids involved.  You can use the patterns I provided


OR you can create your own designs.

Either way, since it's not even Christmas yet, you have plenty of time to make one of your own.

You can find the tutorial along with 25 patterns for each pocket here:

Advent Calendar Part 1
Advent Calendar Part 2
Advent Calendar Part 3
Advent Calendar Part 4



And be sure to check out my other Christmas inspired posts:

DIY Pottery Barn Candle
DIY Star Wars Ornaments
DIY Santa Beard


18 comments:

  1. This is darling!!

    And that Grace is definitely a smart one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your elf is so cute! I love advent calendars! My mom still gets me the chocolate ones lol And I designed one myself a few years ago, that I blogged about last year. But I'd really like to make one like this, too! It looks just so fun to make!
    At least blogging isn't quite as early for holiday stuff as the stores! I always feel like it's too early for decorations (I REALLY want to put up my Christmas decorations!), but I know my boyfriend will think I'm crazy so I wait, and then I end up putting them up late. Maybe I should just do it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love advent calendars! I really want to try my hand at making one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute. You are so kind to include the patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. need to pin this, because I really want and need to make one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Amy! You are so incredibly talented and really one cool mama!! I love PB knockoffs, you know me!!! Grace must love this too! If you have a chance I would love for you to share this at my linky party (just started one up!) It's a Party at: http://www.settingforfour.com/2012/11/its-party-time-11-04-2012.html Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Grace is one smart cookie! I love this sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I am in awe of your craftiness!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so great! The details are just lovely, and it's awesome that it's 90% no sew! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks awesome!! I'm so impressed with all the littles details like the elf's little fingers.. they look so perfect! You've definitely got patience... but that's because you are awesome like that!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. shut the front door! i luv it you are so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing!!! The pockets are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it. :) The different pockets look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Featured today Amy here http://www.settingforfour.com/2012/11/its-party-time-features-11-10-2012.html (thanks so much for linking up at my linky party! Today's party is live now (hope to see you there!)
    http://www.settingforfour.com/2012/11/its-party-time-11-11-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you for linking up @ Craft, Create & Inspire linky party last weekend !

    Your project is featured today !

    Hope you will join us this weekend and share your awesomeness

    Claire @ Polkadot pretties x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Amy, this is so awesome! and 90% no-sewe...brilliant! I might even try it:) Di

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it! I'll have to go through the tutorial when I have time, but it looks great and I'm sure it's a fraction of the cost of the original!

    ReplyDelete

I am head over heels you took the time to leave me a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...